You have entered an innovative garden of obituaries for your listening pleasure! In addition to reading the obituary, you can now listen on iTunes to an annotated version via podcast—one that will reveal interesting and, perhaps, little known facts. It is an obituarist’s dream.
The obituary has long been recognized as a literary art form. It is considered by most to be the document of record for one’s life. It may well be the oldest form of storytelling. Buried within an obituary is the history of an individual and a family. Sometimes the obituary reveals heretofore unknown facts. Sometimes the obituary reveals secrets not meant to be revealed. Sometimes the obituary contains misleading information—lies—meant to throw readers off the track.
• Is the deceased really deceased? Or is the obituary a tool to cover a dastardly act?
• Was that woman really THAT old? (A common question.)
• Was that really my neighbor who played with the Harry James Orchestra? (I didn’t know that.)
The goal of the www.obitpage.com podcast is to bring to life amazing obituary stories and the circumstances surrounding them. Added to the obituary itself is a running discussion between and among some of the most erudite obituarists on the planet. Fascinating!
Our goal is to offer the following for your listening pleasure:
• Timely obituaries of those who have recently made the transition from this life to the next or elsewhere
• Intriguing stories based on historical obituaries of those who have died years ago and who leave questions to be answered
• Surprising stories found between the lines of obituaries of sports figures, musicians, writers, inventors, movie stars, adventurers, rascals, doctors, lawyers
• Amazing stories found among obituaries of the rich and famous
• Unbelievable vignettes from the lives and obituaries of the unknown.
The obituary page is confirmed to be the most read section of the newspaper. It appears that everyone reads the obit page; however, many will deny being regular readers.
www.Obitpage.com is a chance to lean back and listen to a short discussion that will entertain you, enlighten you, stretch your imagination and cause you to wonder.